Saturday, October 19, 2013

Two Weeks in Thailand with Mom!

The ten days with my Mom were unbelievable.  It was perfect timing, perfect weather, perfect places and just overall perfect mother-daughter bonding.  She took a veryyy long flight especially for just 10 days in Thailand but I think it was well worth it (and she surprisingly wasn't that jet lagged).  Seeing my Mom at the airport in Thailand was one of the greatest feelings.

After one night in Bangkok we took a flight to a beautiful island off of the east coast of Thailand called Ko Samui.  We spent one week at a resort called Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary which is pretty much closest thingto heaven on earth. We spent the week relaxing on the beautiful beach, enjoying the amazing view from our room, meditating, practicing yoga, eating delicious healthy food, getting massages and enjoying each others' company.  The staff were overwhelmingly kind and helpful and it was really tempting to spend the entire two weeks there-- we did not want to leave.  We only left the resort two times to do my laundry and get a really cheap Thai massage.  I really do still dream about this place. It was a huge change from the backpacking lifestyle I'd been living and I loved every second of it.





The next three days we spent at Khao Sok National Park in Southern Thailand.  I had loved it so much there when I went with Andrew and I thought it would be a great place to take my Mom.  The first night we stayed in a tree house in the jungle,saw monkeys swinging from the trees outside our place.  The next day we took a long tail boat to floating raft houses (different than the ones I stayed at last time).  We swam in the strikingly blue lake, went on a nature walk to a cave admired the beautiful natural scenery.






Our last day we spent in Bangkok.  I think my Mom must give off positive energy because people were particularly nice and friendly to us.  We visited the grand palace and other temples and took a boat ride through Bangkok's canals.  Overall the ten days were amazing although I think that no matter what we did we would have had a great time just being together.  It was a perfect mix of relaxation, nature and cultural.  It was sad to say goodbye to my Mom but I was also excited for the adventures ahead.



s

No comments:

Post a Comment