Saturday, August 31, 2013

LAOS RECAP

4000 Islands (Don Det)--> Thakek Loop--> Vientiane--> Vang Vieng--> Luang Probang--> Nong Khiaw--> Luang Namtha


People have been asking me what my favorite country has been and Laos is the first place that pops into my head. When they ask me why I can't really think of an explanation-- there isn't one specific aspect or trait that makes this country so amazing.  I will do my best to try to explain however I think just looking at the pictures is explanation in itself (although the pictures do not do it justice):

The natural landscape is breathtaking; the people are so relaxed (which made me relaxed); there are plenty opportunities for adventure; there are plenty opportunities to party; there are plenty of opportunities to just relax and enjoy the moment; the country feels a little more "untouched" than some of the others; and we met some really great people, both travelers and locals. I also knew very little about Laos and therefore had very few expectation which made everything that more exciting.

The only negative I can think of is that food took FOREVER, and was usual mediocre and overpriced. But if that's the worst thing I can think of than I'd say Laos is a pretty spectacular place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment